Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Way You Are

Did something really silly on Thursday night. But before I go into that, just a quick update.

I am now officially going to World Youth Day Madrid this August, from August 7 to August 25. Afterwards, I'm really hoping to stay a little longer afterwards to go to Rome and maybe visit some cities in Italy. And because this isn't just a holiday - it's a pilgrimage - there are WYD formation events I have to attend in preparation (spiritually and linguistically) for Madrid.

The pilgrimage I'm going on is called Pilgrim's Way and is one of four pilgrimage packages that the Parramatta Diocese have and I'm going on this one because my parish priest Fr Fernando is leading this one and it's super exciting. Going to land in Barcelona, spend a few days there, then go up to the south of France (Lourdes) for another few days, then back to Madrid. There'll be a few bus/train rides I'm sure, but there's going to be lots of walking with a massive rucksack on my back.

As part of the WYD preparation formation events, there are nights when I have to go to a particular Parish Hall (like St. Pats or the one in Penrith St. Nicholas) to hear talks by notable speakers and organisers of the events, meet the people there, learn SPANISH :D and have discussion forums.

This month, there are two choices of formations to go to. There was a whole day one in Penrith and a two separate nights one in Parramatta. My friends and I decided to go to the two separate nights one in Parramatta. Part 1 was on Tuesday and that went really well. Bethany (one of the organisers) spoke about the sacraments in such a tender and loving way and after some discussion, we went into the chapel where Beth had put up icons and paintings of biblical scenes with candles everywhere - the whole chapel was lit up by candles. She played the music of Taize and burnt incense. She told us just to pray. And it was such a touching and tender way of seeing (icons), smelling (incense), hearing (music) and feeling God (well, in our hearts), that if I had been given more time there, I would have completely surrendered myself to God physically and emotionally.

Part 2 of the two separate nights was on the 23rd of March. And guess what I, on thursday night, booked to watch on that night?! DOCTOR ZHIVAGO!
As soon as I realised (which was last night), my face distorted to pretty much D: and I checked the notice several times to see whether I was reading the right date.

So, instead of going to Part 2, I had to go to the Penrith one today. It was an all day and the only way to get there for me was to catch the train. I arrived a little late (cos the express train didn't come =__=) and I had to walk from Penrith station to the church. I was a little worried because I knew absolutely noone today, apart from a few people I met at a discussion some time ago, but there was noone I knew well. I said hello to one of the priests there and went about getting to know some teenagers my age. And guess what? We got to know each other really well - I ended up acting real silly sometimes because well, they are kids from Blacktown and they're not really that sensible. But we had soo much fun! :D Met probably my first Sudanese/African friends - who were freaking hilarious and I really enjoyed the two talks by two Fathers and the Mass in the middle.

Took almost two hours to get home from Penrith by public transport haha but all in a good's day of new experiences.

________________________________


I promised photos in my post a while ago and I haven't delivered, so here's probably part one of many of my luxembourgian trip :D

Okay. I lied and got distracted. and it's super duper late. LOL next time, I promise ;D

Couldn't think of a title either so named it after a really really nice song I'm in love with by Kina Grannis and David Choi - check it out! A beautiful song by two beautiful people, esp Kina. *big cheesy grin*


4 comments:

  1. Damn, man. You're getting a lot of travelling under your belt. I've been nowhere :( and in 1.5 years I'm going to have to enter the workforce :'(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screw Madrid. GO TO IBIZA!

    Or pack me in your suitcase and let it get lost so it ends up in Ibiza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL IBIZA!

    Chris :( STOP MAKING ME JEALOUS WITH ALL YOUR TRAVELLING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. take a year off to travel. honestly, it's so worth it and there are too many places in the world to keep putting it off :P

    I heard the nightlife in Madrid's pretty exciting too!

    ReplyDelete