Monday, March 14, 2011

Graduation

Probably don't have time for Luxembourg today bahaha gosh I'm not very good at keeping my blog promises.

Drove with mum to UNSW today (on a Sunday), not to go to Uni - hell no! but to go to the AMEB graduation ceremony that I was invited to. In hindsight, I really don't think it's worth it. It's all classy because we are told to wear gowns and stoles according to which award you're getting (Amus or Lmus). I was going to catch the train then bus it to UNSW, but after looking out at the blistering hot weather, then looking down at my black pants, shoes and long sleeved shirt - I decided against it.

The gowns are soo annoying. There aren't any buttons or anything to keep it in place, so it kept falling off my shoulders everytime I moved around too much or sat down. The stole was another unnecessary accessory I wore. It hung from my neck and kept slipping to one side. Very annoying. I wish I could wear the hoods that people with more academic achievements were wearing. you're not meant to WEAR the hoods on your head - just meant to rest on your shoulders. I really don't understand these ceremonies. Half the examination boards looked like court jesters with their funny colours and head gear they wore onto the stage hehehe.

Think I better show you what I mean :P

That would be me in the middle with my two new friends whom I met at the ceremony. Surprisingly, they were all older than me. One's doing commerce, actuarial studies and the other comm/law haha kudos to them, hanging in there with music :D

Ceremonies like these remind me of Presentation Nights and Awards Days back in High School, though with less speeches and excellent musical entertainment - not that the entertainment by us Jazz Ensemble wasn't amazing. These performances were short and oh so sweet. I never knew the Euphonium could sound so beautiful. I also fell in love with a violinist playing a beautiful 3rd movt of a sonata fantasie by Franck.

Afterwards, I bumped into a lot of people! I saw Mr Wong, Pattypoo and Grubsy! Pat just came back from Medcamp and Grubsy was there to support his little cousin who got her Amus :P I swear she had more flowers from her parents and family than any of the performers there! And I went home empty handed. Nobody thought to hand me some flowers :(

Upon persuasion by Grubs, his parents and my mum, I reluctantly paid $115 to have my certificate put up on a plaque so I can 'show off' to my students that I have so and so award and qualification. I think I much prefer my trophies :D

Big day of practice tomorrow. Gta get some shuteye. Hopefullly get a hair cut soon...REALLY need it :( it's like a mop on my head. yarrkkk

3 comments:

  1. Show off. Also, you look a bit curry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn son, raking in the accolades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Eddy, I've tanned quite a bit since going to the beach 4 days in a row :D

    thanks C. can't wait for you to be raking in the medals when you're a Commissioner :)

    ReplyDelete