Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Praying for the World

A quick post before I get some good ole shuteye.

Had a very busy day today. Woke up at 10.30 XD and realised I had barely 6 hours to practice piano. So I shot out of bed, quickly brushed my teeth, checked my mail and made my extremely filling breakfast drink. Instant oats + chocolate + walnut tea with milk. Much better than Up n Go :D

Practiced like mad for the next 2 hours till lunch and saw the death toll of Japan skyrocket to more than 10,000. Complete shock. I imagine how much I've experienced in my life and as Paulo Coehlo calls it, each life is a universe - a universe of emotions, experiences, loves, hates and efforts. 10,000 of them, just blown away. I have this tragic image in my head of 10,000 candles just blown out by a massive gale of wind. How can man say they control the universe and the world? How can we say that you can do anything as long as you have money? It's nuts when our ego makes us feel invincible and powerful - because earthquake could be the end of you. I've really learnt to appreciate life more and to really make the most of everyday.

Afterwards, talked to my dad about the situation in Libya and I like how he always gives me the alternate side of things. He asks me how I think these protestors are funded? How did they get all the machinery and artillery to protest? And he tells me the chilling story of America funding wars and violent protests in secret so the civil turmoil will eventually result in America 'saving' the country and claiming authority over it. Usually those places are places where they can benefit - oil. He asks me how terrorists are funded? Who are the enemies of the Americans? Why does America choose to back up Taiwan in its attempt to gain independence from China?
It's a sly, cruel and truly complicated world we live in.

Back to piano practice and i'm really enjoying the new piece I'm playing - the Dante Sonata by Liszt. It's based by an epic poem called The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. I'm starting to get the hang of this piece and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I do hope I can perform it for my friends some time :D

Then I went and taught for 2 and a half hours. It's rewarding I guess, when they practice and when I see the smiles on their faces, but it's so tiring. I had barely 30 minutes between two students to have a bite of dinner and pack my badminton stuff.

BADMINTON was amazingly fun. For the first time, I played a game with the adults instead of mucking around with my friends. I was caught off guard and couldn't really find my rhythm, but it was fun and I got a few good shots in. Then I mucked around with my friends and then played a singles match with my very lanky and tall friend. It was intensely fun and so exhilarating to have the court to yourself and unleash tricky drop shots, powerful smashes and crafty net shots :D

I then played a doubles match. It was mighty funny because it was two tall and lanky people versus two short people haha but we ALMOST WON, if not for me getting quite tired and losing concentration. We lost 14-15!! It was one of the few times the match went into deuce. I need to practice my tricky drop shots and find ways to not use up all my energy so quickly!!

Had a hectic day and need some shuteye!

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was 10,000 people missing/unaccounted for, and the actual toll was around 2000? Missing is better than dead.

    Also, why shouldn't Taiwan become independent?

    Also just curious, but when has America funded wars and then come to save the day? Soviets in Afghanistan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but they've been saying that there are 10,000 people unaccounted for in Miyagi for 2-3 days now. And nevertheless, 2000 is still a lot of people :(

    It's all politics. China doesn't want to let Taiwan go because under their 'legislation' or whatever, Taiwan is still part of China. If they let one go, like Taiwan, the other places like Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Tibet would press even harder for their independence too. What with all this internal conflict and fighting, that's exactly what America wants in their attempt to screw up China.

    It's not exactly funding - but they would provide artillery and money for particular rebel groups so that the Americans can fight battles using other people's battlefields. It's like the situation in Korea. South Korea is backed by America but North Korea has the support of China and Russia. If anything, God forbid, started - technically America would be fighting China and Russia, but not on their land, and not with their men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make America sound like it's being run by Lex Luthor lol. I've heard all those points before, but I'm not convinced hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I get so confused by people telling me stuff, the news and other media that it's really difficult to really know what's happening. I'm just telling it as I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lolol fair enough. whatevs, the world can sort itself out :P

    ReplyDelete