Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Operas and Concerts GALORE!

A quick post to vent some of my immense excitement for the following Operas and Concerts which are coming to the Sydney Opera House these few months.

1. Carmen - Bizet (French Opera) - (15 Jan till 30 March) - REALLY WANNA SEE THIS, especially because I found out I missed a Free performance of it =__=

2. Madame Butterfly - Puccini - (7 Jan till 3 March) - Need to book this one soon!

3. Barber of Seville - Rossini - (4 Feb till 29 March) - Looks interesting too!

4. Ray Chen playing Brahms' Violin Concerto and Tchaikovsky Symphony No.5 - ( 10 Feb till 14 Feb) REAL SOON!

5. Edo de Waart conducting Rachamaninoff 3rd Piano Concerto (played by Joyce Yang) and Rachmaninoff Symphony No.3 - THAT one's going to be EPIC! (7-11 April)

6. Tim Minchin versus the Sydney Symphony - (24-27 March) I have absolutely no idea who he is, but he has MAD reviews for being a brilliant singer, pianist and comedian.

Could probably watch most of the concerts for $32 and the Operas under $70. The seats won't be fantastic, but I'm definitely bringing those Opera Binoculars! =D

So excited. If anybody wants to go watch any of these with me, comment or give me a shout on facebook. I'm going to be poor, but hey, I think it'll be worth it!

2 comments:

  1. You missed a performance so you're going to pay to watch it? You disgust me.

    In other news I'd like to watch Tim Minchin. He made the canvas bag song in Melbourne Comedy Festival a few years back. Good comedian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN. MOSTLY SOLD OUT.
    Only seats left are really random ones - one or two separate ones.

    ReplyDelete